Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bad Bad Day!

Brek getting the bad news that the games had moved!


Mark being cute in the car

Well today just sucked! Today we were suppose to go to the Highland games so we get all ready to go & when we get there the feild was empty! So we were like what the heck?! I called my dad to have him look up on the internet where it was going to be & we found out that is was going to be way out in pheonix. You would have to park a mile & a half away then take a shuttle to it. So we made the tough decission not to go. It would have been to much of a hassle to go. So we were very very upset about that. We had both been looking foward to this all year. Stupid people moving it! :(

My poor boy!!

To top that off John is now sick. He felt like he was running a fever, but when I took his temp in his armpit it said it was only 98.1. I knew that was not right cause this kid was burning up. So I had to stick it in his bum & it shot up to 102.1. I took it again a couple of hours later and it had shot up to 103.1, & that was after tylenol. So Brek took off work so that he could stay and watch Mark while I took John to the ER. When we got to the ER they took his temp & it had shot up to 104.3! They checked him out and said his lungs sounded clear, & when they checked his ear they said that his left ear was infected. So his ear & cough was causing the high temp. They prescribed antibiotics & tylenol. I hate it when my babied are sick. It feels like they are taking turns being sick I swear.

9 comments:

Missy Glave said...

Oh Poor Baby John ... it's so scary when their temperature gets that high. I hope he feels better soon.

So sorry you guys couldn't make the games ... too bad they moved the event.

Briana said...

Poor baby! Hope he's better soon. I hate it when they tag team with the illnesses! No rest for the weary Mom!

Sorry you didn't get to see the games either, I know you were looking forward to them.

Stacy said...

Poor baby, I hope he's feeling better soon.

Jolene George said...

wow...his fever did get high. how scary. I hope my pool little guy is feeling better.

Monogram Queen said...

Boo hiss on the moving of the games. That sucks when you look forward to something like that.

I am so sorry John was sick, what a scary temp! Ear infections are the WORST. Hope both boys are feeling better soon.

Nonie said...

I hope that he starts to feel better soon.

Jacquie said...

Oh poor baby, hope John is feling better.

Kimberly said...

Hope John is feeling better. Those ear infections are ruff. Hope you have a better week!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Hey Brittany,

How is your little man doing? Feeling better? Melanie is finally feeling better, which is good because I'm back at work.

Just wanted to check in and say hi!